Comedy Influencer Adam W. Is Getting An Animated Series From Frederator Studios And Wheelhouse DNA
Frederator Studios, a Genius Brands company, and Wheelhouse DNA are teaming with comedy influencer Adam Waheed on the development and production of a new adult animated series.
This is the first time that Wheelhouse and Frederator are teaming up and will be the first time writing and starring in a series for Waheed.
- The yet-unnamed series will take place in an ancient Egypt where all the gods are real, the afterlife exists, and the great monuments were built by aliens. The show will feature an inept ruler, played by Waheed, who is unwittingly put on the throne.
- In April, Waheed was named as one of Rolling Stone’s 20 most influential creators and was one of Forbes’ top creators in 2022. He has more than 19 million followers on Tiktok and his videos were viewed more than 11.5 billion times last year.
- Waheed has partnered with producer and development executive Spencer Strasmore (Ballers, Shooter) to launch a slate of original content for digital, tv, and film. The two co-created the new animated series.
- Frederator’s parent company Wow! Unlimited Media was acquired by Beverly Hills-based Genius Brands International in October 2021. Genius recently consolidated its subsidiaries Frederator Network, Kartoon Channel!, and Ameba into one entity called Genius Networks which will be available on SVOD, AVOD, and free ad-supported streaming tv channels..
- Wheelhouse specializes in working with content creators working in the digital video space. High-profile collaborators include Brooklyn Beckham, Killer Mike, Ryan Phillippe, and Jack Wright.
- Said Waheed: “I like to push the boundaries with my content and animation is the perfect fit as there is no limit to how big I can go.”
- Frederator director of development Isabel Schultz said in a release: “Wheelhouse DNA has proven to be one of the most innovative and successful studios with exceptional taste in content. We are grateful and excited to partner with them to bring our amazing creator Adam W’s voice to life in this hilarious adult animation series.”
- Wheelhouse DNA managing director Fanny Baudry added: “This project delves into the mysteries of one of the world’s most captivating cultures and brings it to life in a modern way that is both enlightening and entertaining. We’re excited to combine our production expertise with Adam W’s creative vision and Frederator’s premium animation capabilities to take viewers back in time to explore the fascinating world of ancient Egypt.”
Cartoon Brew’s View: Influencers crossing over into traditional production is nothing new, but it’s certainly significant that Waheed’s first big push into the arena is coming in animation. Teaming with two proven companies like Wheelhouse and Frederator is a good way to start, but the show will need to be something special to break through the recent influx of same-y adult animated series.