Nickelodeon Films and Paramount Pictures have shared the first trailer for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem, scheduled to hit theaters on August 4 of this year.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem is directed by Jeff Rowe (co-director/co-writer, The Mitchells vs. the Machines; writer, Gravity Falls) and produced by Point Grey Productions, with animation handled by global animation studio Mikros Animation’s Paris and Montreal locations and Vancouver’s Cinesite. Paramount Pictures is handling global distribution.
- Mutant Mayhem will land in cinemas on August 4, 2023.
The lighting and painterly textures look more like style frames or color keys than finished frames from a film. Very impressed by the eye candy in the ‘Mutant Mayhem’ trailer. pic.twitter.com/ZBa1E7sBpq
— cartoonbrew.com – Animation News (@cartoonbrew) March 6, 2023
- Synopsis: After years of being sheltered from the human world, the Turtle brothers set out to win the hearts of New Yorkers and be accepted as normal teenagers through heroic acts. Their new friend April O’Neil helps them take on a mysterious crime syndicate, but they soon get in over their heads when an army of mutants is unleashed upon them.
- Voice cast: Micah Abbey as Donatello, Shamon Brown Jr. as Michelangelo, Hannibal Buress as Genghis Frog, Rose Byrne as Leatherhead, Nicolas Cantu as Leonardo, John Cena as Rocksteady, Jackie Chan as Splinter, Ice Cube as Superfly, Natasia Demetriou as Wingnut, Ayo Edebiri as April O’Neil, Giancarlo Esposito as Baxter Stockman, Post Malone as Ray Fillet, Brady Noon as Raphael, Seth Rogen as Bebop, Paul Rudd as Mondo Gecko, Maya Rudolph as Cynthia Utrom.
- Along with the trailer, Nick and Paramount released a new poster for the film, seen below.